Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blessed Be the Rock, Let the God of My Salvation Be Exhalted

My apologies for not getting this blog up sooner, it has been a crazy week, but a great one! Last week I was in El Zorrillo again with the group from my church and it was such a wonderful trip. But when we got back to the City with that group, we only had an hour before the next group got in so there was just no time to get this done until now. So here we go...


We had a great week in El Zorrillo this week. Sunday we had service with our brothers and sisters at the church there. After lunch we spent time talking with the Francos and the ladies who would be helping us that week. It was a great time spent together. Then we got some shopping done. After a somewhat stressful shopping experience, we went back for church and dinner. 


Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we did a combination of house visits, clothing give aways, concrete work at the church, and working on some roofs. I helped out with house visits and clothing. I love house visits anywhere but house visits in El Zorrillo are very special to me. It is such a blessing to spend time in the houses of people that I know and love. That and the fact that I was with people from my own church just gave me a little piece of home that I really needed last week.


During the week I helped with the teens class, the babies class, and also translated the women's class Wednesday night. That was a new and slightly intimidating experience but all the ladies said they enjoyed and understood the class. I can only take credit for the latter of the two but I really enjoyed it as well. 


Thursday we had the carnival, that was an adventure. There were over 100 kids going through the different stations. I worked at the tattoo station, tattooing the children of El Zorrillo :) After the carnival we fed everyone hamburgers. Then we said goodbyes to everyone. After that we went to Ensenada to shop and have dinner. Then back to the hotel to pack and sleep. Friday we got up early and headed to the City of Children. The group left at 7:30 and we met the next group at 8:30. We went shopping at then spent the afternoon/evening at the City of Children. I always enjoy any time that I get to spend there.


We are in San Quintin now. We will be spending the week here. I am excited about it. Please pray for us as we work here this week. We have two weeks left and everyone is getting tired. Check in with you guys later! 


In His Service and For His Glory. 

No comments: