Friday, June 10, 2011

I Don't Know How It Gets Better Than This.

Well week one is officially finished. We just said our goodbyes to an incredible group from Woodland Trace and are now trying to kind of process the week and get some rest in before we head out again. 

I honestly could not have asked for a better week. I am learning so much and can feel myself growing as a person each day. It is amazing the stuff you can learn to live without when you just don't have it. I prayed before I left that God would do whatever He needed to do in order for me to accomplish the things He has set out for me to do this summer and I am trusting Him that that is exactly what He is doing. 

So we spent the week in San Vicente with the preacher, Antonio, his wife, Nelly, and their kids, Christian, Itzel, and Alejandra. They are an incredible family. They have been there less than 2 years but they are doing incredible things for the church there. I am so glad I got to meet them and spend some time with them this week. Stuff I did this week included working in the medical clinic, translating kids classes, and translating conversations between the group and the members of the church. I was nervous at first but this group was so encouraging and positive that it made it so much easier for me to just jump into doing what I needed to do. 

I loved meeting and spending time with the kids and families from the church. But I can honestly say that I never expected to make friends like I feel like I did on this trip with the group members. They never once treated us just like translators but instead made us part of their group. They were always appreciative of what we were doing and understanding of the fact that its not an easy job. Before we left in Ensenada, Kate, Sara, and I had talked about doing "Summer Superlatives" for fun throughout the summer. Just maybe keeping something going that would remind us of the couple people who really stuck out to us. But Tuesday we decided we could not think of one person who did not stick out to us from that group. So we made a superlative for each person, highlighting the characteristics that made them special to us this week. We gave them out last night and I think they really enjoyed it. Its not something we will do with every group but this really was a special group to all three of us. I've already planned to go and visit them when I get home and I am just so grateful to God for putting them in my life.



Tonight Kate and Sara will head out with Alejandro. They are going to be staying here in Ensenada and working with the church in Maneadero this week. Misha and I will be working with the church in El Zorrillo and we start that tomorrow. I won't have internet at the hotel in Zorrillo but I will check in with you guys again next weekend. I am beyond excited to see my friends and family in El Zorrillo this week and spend time with them. Living there last summer caused me to build a ton of relationships and I am excited to get to see all of those people again. 

Sorry this post is kind of all over the place. I have a ton of thoughts running through my head but not a lot of time to get all of this in so I'm kind of jumping around. 

Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers. I know some of you have been worried with some of the stuff that has happened but just know that we are all safe and very happy. God is teaching us to be content in whatever circumstance we are in and I am grateful for that. Hope you all are having a great week and please continue to pray for the groups and people here in Baja.  Love you guys!

In His Service and For His Glory.

No comments: